Samsung 980 250GB (SSD) Up to 3,500 MB/s PCIe 3.0 NVMe M.2 (2280) Internal Solid State Drive
|Digital Storage Capacity||250 GB|
|Hard Disk Interface||Solid State|
|Hard Disk Description||Solid State Hard Drive|
|Compatible Devices||Laptop, Desktop|
|Hard Disk Size||250 GB|
|Specific Uses For Product||Multimedia, Gaming, Business|
|Mounting Hardware||Solid state drive, Quick guide|
|Read Speed||2900 Megabytes Per Second|
- Sequential Read speeds up to 2,900MB/s. Performance varies based on system hardware and configuration
- Interface : PCIe 3.0 NVMe (PCIe Gen 3.0 x 4)
- Form Factor : M.2 (2280), AES 256-bit Full Disk Encryption, TCG/Opal V2.0, Encrypted Drive (IEEE1667)
- 5-Year Limited Warranty or 150 TBW Limited Warranty.
- Designed for gamers, Mainstream PC users, Value maximizers
Brand Samsung Manufacturer Samsung, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. Semiconductor Business Test & Package Center, #158 Baebang-Ro Baebang-Eup, Asan-city Chungcheongnam-Do, 31489 Republic of Korea Model MZ-V8V250BW Model Name 980 Product Dimensions 8.01 x 2.21 x 0.24 cm; 8 Grams Batteries 1 Lithium Ion batteries required. Item model number MZ-V8V250BW RAM Size 250 GB Memory Storage Capacity 250 GB Flash Memory Installed Size 250 GB Flash Memory Type MLC Digital Storage Capacity 250 GB Hard Drive Size 250 GB Hard Drive Interface Solid State Hard Disk Description Solid State Hard Drive Removable Storage Native Capacity 250 GB Hardware Interface PCI Express 3.0 Compatible Devices Laptop, Desktop Mounting Hardware Solid state drive, Quick guide Number Of Items 1 Wattage 5.6 Watts Batteries Included No Batteries Required No Data Transfer Rate 2900 Megabits Per Second Connector Type SATA Form Factor M.2 Device Type Solid State Drive Manufacturer Samsung Country of Origin Republic of Korea Item Weight 8 g
Upgrade to breathtaking NVMe speed
It’s time to maximize your PC’s potential with the 980. Whether you need a boost for gaming or a seamless workflow for heavy graphics, the 980 is the smart choice for outstanding SSD performance, and it’s all backed by an NVMe interface and PCIe 3.0 technology.
* The NVM Express design mark is a registered trade mark of NVM Express, Inc.
Packed with speed
Get right to it. The 980 harnesses nearly all the speed advantages of PCIe 3.0 through HMB technology and dramatic NVMe efficiency. The DRAM-less design delivers exceptional value, achieving breakneck sequential read/write speeds up to 3,500/3,000 MB/s*, over 6.2x the speed of SATA SSDs.
* Performance may vary depending on the SSD’s firmware version, system and hardware configuration. Performance measurements are based on IOmeter 1.1.0. The write performances were measured with Intelligent TurboWrite technology activated. Intelligent TurboWrite operates only within a specific data transfer size. For detailed information, please contact your local service center * Test system configuration: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU – 4.00GHz,DDR4 2133MHz 8GBx2 OS-Windows 10 Pro 64bit Asrock Z-170 Extreme7+ * Results are based on a comparison with Samsung SATA SSDs. * HMB (Host Memory Buffer) technology enables the SSD to use the DRAM of the host system for read/write caching and buffering.
Keep moving with Full Power Mode
Keep your SSD running at peak level for nonstop, consistent high performance with Full Power Mode. Switch it on through Samsung Magician software to always keep your SSD in active mode. Instantly jump right back to intensive work with huge files, graphics-heavy games, or even normal PC usage.
Built for the long run
Keep your files safe with an SSD that’s in it for the long haul. With up to 600 TBW, the 980’s optimized endurance comes with proven reliability thanks to Samsung’s in-house solutions, from the state-of-the-art controller to V-NAND and the latest firmware.
*TBW : Terabytes written * Warrantied TBW for 980: 150 TBW for 250GB model, 300 TBW for 500GB model, 600 TBW for 1TB model. * 5 years or TBW, whichever comes first.
World’s No.1 Flash Memory
Experience superior performance and reliability that you can only get from the world’s numberone brand for flash memory since 2003. All firmware and components, including Samsung’s world-renowned DRAM and NAND, are produced in-house, allowing end-to-end integration for quality you can trust.
* Source: 2003-2019 IHS Markit data: NAND suppliers’ revenue market share.